Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Birthday Girl!


Today is the first day of February and it's also my baby sister's 18th birthday! I could still remember when my mom had her labor pains and I was in the car with them rushing to the hospital--I was praying so hard that my baby sister wouldn't be in such a rush to come out and be born inside the car! Now she is way taller than me and puts make-up more than I do but she still remains the baby in the family, Happy Birthday Myc!

I decided to make an entremet with coffee mousse cake. I used hazelnut flour instead of almond flour and I think I like it better, it makes a nice background for the Happy 18th birthday. The recipe for the joconde imprime can be found here.

COFFEE MOUSSE
All-purpose Cream 2 x 250 ml box
Unflavored Gelatine 2 x 10 gr packet
Water 1/2 cup
Refined Sugar 1/2 cup
Espresso 1/4 cup

Dissolve gelatine in cold water, leave to bloom for about 5 minutes. Microwave for one minute, set aside. With the whip attachment of your mixer, beat cream and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Slowly pour in coffee and gelatine. Whip until cream is double in volume. Pour on prepared joconde imprime. Refrigerate overnight.


Here's the birthday girl last Christmas with a platter full of lechon :)


6 comments:

ssw said...

Hahaha. Coool =) Funny!

Annie said...

She's lucky to have a sister who can whip up a delicious birthday cake!

Renata said...

Lucky sister! you were brave to make a second Entremet! It looks just as stunning as the first one!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Myc!!
And congrats to you for the beautiful birthday cake and for being such a wonderful sister!

Roxana | a trEATs affair said...

happy birthday to your sister. Love how your biscuit turned out. Your lil' sister is so lucky having you by her side.
Have a wonderful Sunday

chef_d said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks uber delicious - I am sure your birthday girl was mighty pleased :)